The Haden Family

Thursday, July 23, 2009

The first step

So, last weekend Mark's mom and her husband came to visit and we all went baby shopping for the first time since we found out we were pregnant! It was so fun and overwhelming at the same time. I've made a running list with my "wish list" for the nursery as well as things to register for whenever I get around to doing that. I've had some great friends that have given advice on what items they've really used and loved since having their baby as well as what things they registered for but then never even looked at! So that has been really helpful in getting a list started. To look at the list on paper, it's slightly overwhelming but I feel good about having a start so that whenever I do register, I hopefully won't get carried away with all the baby gadgets out there that I'll KNOW we need. :)


There is one thing that we did purchase on our baby store outings this past weekend and that is BEDDING! I feel like it's a great first start to planning what the nursery will look like. Still working on finding an upholstered glider that won't break our budget! That's been a little tricky but I'm using my Internet searching skills to the best of my ability. Buying the bedding was a really exciting first step to putting our little girl's special room together!


Here are some pics. It's Rachel Ashwell Shabby chic. :)












1 comments:

Sarah Elwer said...

that bedding is beautiful! (I'll start making a list to try and help you too)